In 1850 Ranco was a small village with a few houses and a little church. It was one of the favourite destinations of the aristocracy of Milano. They were attracted by local panoramic beauty and by the chance to fish and hunt. Guests used to reach La Locanda del Sole with horse-drawn carriages and find rest in the green and quite garden always illuminated by the sun. Once there were only 7 rooms and was the Brovelli granny who’s taking care of that. .